The Arizona judicial system is serious about 酒后驾车 law. Regardless of whether you have been charged with a first-time offense for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or you have been convicted of a 酒后驾车 in the past, you will face stiff penalties in the courtroom. 有, 然而, some key differences between the penalties for a first offense and second offense 酒后驾车, and understanding those differences is critical to building your best case. The team at 希尔法组 knows the ins and outs of Arizona 酒后驾车 law and will fight for you regardless of whether this is your first or second offense.
The state of Arizona has a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to drinking and driving. 像这样, it has some of the toughest 酒后驾车 laws in the nation – even for first-time offenders. As a driver, you can be charged with a 酒后驾车 if you are driving with a BAC of greater than 0.08 or are driving with a drug in your system that is listed in section 13-3401. 除此之外, drivers of commercial vehicles can be charged with a 酒后驾车 if their BAC is greater than 0.04. If convicted of a 酒后驾车 for your first time, you may face penalties including:
- Additional charges and fees to the prison construction and operation fund, or to the public safety equipment fund
- Installation of an ignition interlock device
- A 酒后驾车 misdemeanor charge on your record
Because the police and courts take 酒后驾车s so seriously, a second offense 酒后驾车 in Arizona is subject to harsher penalties than a first offense 酒后驾车. If you receive two 酒后驾车 convictions within a seven-year period, you could face consequences such as:
- A minimum of 90 days in jail. This is dependent on your BAC. BAC介于两者之间的 .15岁, .199 may be subject to a minimum of 120 days, while those with a BAC above .2 may be required to serve a mandatory minimum of 180 days in jail.
- A minimum of $500 in fines and up to $2500 in fines, plus additional surcharges
- A higher number of community service hours
- The loss of your license for one year
- Installation of an ignition interlock device once driving privileges are restored
- Drug/alcohol evaluations and treatment
- A second 酒后驾车 misdemeanor charge on your record
What To Do if Arrested for a 酒后驾车
If you have been arrested for and charged with driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol, it’s important that you seek legal representation right away. It doesn’t matter if this is your first or second offense, as the charges are still very serious. 而被拘留, it is generally advised that you exercise your right to remain silent so as not to incriminate yourself. 一有机会, reach out to the legal team at the 希尔法组 in order to start listing the facts of your case and building a defense right away.
The 希尔法组 has over 100 years of combined experience in defending 酒后驾车 cases. 像这样, we are the best and most qualified law firm to represent you in your first or second offense 酒后驾车 case. We work to carefully consider each of the unique details surrounding your case in order to build the best defense on your behalf. Our aggressive courtroom tactics and passion for justice make us great at what we do and have resulted in countless favorable outcomes for our clients.
The 希尔法组 has what it takes to fight for defendants in both first offense and second offense 酒后驾车 cases. 酒后驾车 charges are serious, especially in Arizona, so don’t face them alone. Contact us today for a free consultation at (480) 525-8900.